Depending on your needs preparing for an air ambulance trip can be a stressful time. If you are in an emergency situation you may not have the help and the time to react to the many things you will need. The most important thing to remember is we are here for you. You may not be able to be prepared but our air ambulance staff is trained for anything and everything (and believe me we’ve seen it all).
It is also vital for you to remember to be calm if you need an air ambulance. We will make sure to ask the right questions to ensure that you have all the tools you need for your air ambulance trip. We can also answer your questions to help you prepare for your trip. There are ways to speed up the process if you are in a non-life-threatening situation, however, and we have a short checklist to help you prepare.
- When calling let us know your location and where you need to go. To give a proper quote knowing locations is important for accuracy. We can also help coordinate locations if you aren’t sure.
- Give as many details as possible about your needs. Are you in a dangerous situation (like a natural disaster) or do you have non-emergency needs? Many air ambulance patients need immediate service, while others have scheduled surgeries and specific dates/times they need to travel (like an organ transplant).
- If possible have your medical history available so we can evaluate your condition to travel. This will help us know which medical personnel to assign to your flight.
- If you are calling for a quote have your insurance information available so we can let you know what you qualify for. If you are traveling and have traveler’s insurance have that information handy as well. We can also help you coordinate and talk with insurance specialists.
- Let us know if you will have a family member traveling with you. Your air ambulance flight will be customized for you so we need to know the exact number of people traveling.
- Tell us if you need ground transportation once we arrive at the chosen destination. We offer bedside to bedside services upon request.
Our staff takes pride is going the extra mile for our patients and we will apply that same care to you. We are available any time and any day if you need us. You can learn more about our air ambulance services and get more tips to help you prepare by following us on Twitter.